Electricity and Magnetism, Physical and Geometrical Optics, and Atomic and Nuclear Physics
- A general information sheet can be found here.
- The course information sheet is here.
- PHYS120 Test 2: Tuesday 16 September, 12h20 - 13h05
- PHYS120 Test 3: Friday 17 October, 11h25 - 12h10
- The extra tutorial times are as follows:
- Monday 12h20 - 13h05, New Science Seminar Room 2
- Tuesday 10h30 - 11h15, New Science Seminar Room 2
- Thursday 11h25 - 12h10, New Science Seminar Room 1
- Friday 09h35 - 10h20, MSB F8
- The Saturday tutorial timetable is yet to be confirmed.
An example of how to fill out an MCQ answer sheet can be found here.
- The practical schedule is here.
- Practical Day and Group Allocations
- We have some online exercises with vernier calipers
Specific course information
Electricity and Magnetism
Resources for the Electricity and Magnetism component of the course can be obtained by clicking on the link below.
Geometrical and Physical Optics
Resources for the Geometrical and Physical Optics component of the course can be obtained by clicking on the link below.
Atomic and Nuclear Physics
Resources for the Atomic, nuclear and electron physics component of the course can be obtained by clicking on the link below.
Past exam papers (only available from within UKZN)
Click on the link below to gain access to past exams.